Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 10.  We had an awesome weekend at Cocoa Village Marina attending a Westsail Association gathering.  We met wonderful new friends, all who own or are associated with the same boat as ours.  They are different sizes and have different layouts, but they are all beautiful sea worthy boats.  

We left on Sunday and found a new anchorage that we loved...Melbourne Beach.  Lots of historical sites and a beautiful place to walk around.  I especially loved the small track of the Melbourne & Atlantic railroad that was marked from 1889.  My father's father worked for the railroad, and I never met him.  But I enjoy hearing the trains go by our different anchorages every morning as we travel south.  So this brought fond memories of stories my dad told me of him.




No comments:

Post a Comment